Saturday, January 22, 2011

But not for me

When was the last time you did something for the first time? Sounds catchy for an ad campaign. This is something I keep asking myself quite often. With the dawn of the new decade, I decided to buy some books, but not for me.

After reading so many books through the years, I felt it was my responsibility to show others the goodness of reading books. I made up a list and took it to the recent Chennai Book Fair 2011. I found myself lost in an ocean of publishers. I had 14 books on my list. I could not find one. I mean, they were there. They had to be there. Poor organizing made me sweat. Books were not kept in categories or authors. They were just thrown open. I ended up buying just one book, that was not on the list.

I came back dejected, ordered the books online, on infibeam. I've given the list below. You may be interested in some of these. Ctrl+Click on the title to read the description or review of the book.
  1. The Joy of Not Working
  2. The Goal
  3. Love You Forever
  4. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
  5. The Fountainhead
  6. Jonathan Livingston Seagull
  7. The Art of Creative Thinking
  8. The 24x7 Marriage: Smart Strategies for Good Beginnings
  9. ஒரு புளியமரத்தின் கதை

1 comment:

  1. I read three books.

    The Goal
    - Interesting business logical story..

    Alice's adventures in wonderland
    - Very nice. I will read once more.

    ஒரு புளியமரத்தின் கதை
    - Read for Sundara Ramamamy. I liked this, because of 'J J sila kuripukal' which i can't understand fully.

    ReplyDelete