Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2011, For the Record

Looking back, 2011 has not been that bad a year. I did quite a few things for the first time.

Travelling (shut up, you American auto correct) to US. My stay in a little known town in California brought a world of new things. Well, to boast of, I learned Cooking. Now, I'm better off living by myself. Self-trumpeting aside, I never lived in a community setting before. This was the first time. No complaints about it.

Running my first marathon. The Portland Marathon 2011. I did complete it in 8 hours and 25 minutes. Next time, I should practice harder and jog all the way.

I watched a lot of movies. Most of them, good. It brought out the darker side of me. Next time, while left alone, nothing to do, perhaps, I should do something better than that.

A lot of time spent on the laptop. I should throw away this stuff, once I return home.

I bought a camcorder, captured a lot of videos, mostly get togethers. I don't know if people watch them. But I keep uploading videos.

I did more work, more than my average in any year.

I made a lot of new friends and lost some. No hard feelings, buddies.

I read somewhere, Twitter is a micro blogging service. Then, I started tweeting. Just one follower yet. Rome was not built in a day.

I learned swimming. Still trying to stay afloat, however.

It's just not enough to record what all you did. There are a few things, I didn't do. I didn't fall in love with this land of possibilities. I didn't join facebook. I didn't turn myself into a moron. These are equally worthy accomplishments.

I notice, there are a lot of commas in this post. May be, I should get rid off this. Well, if it was hard to write, shouldn't it be hard to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment